INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
As a post accreditation Quality sustenance activity,the National Assessment & Accreditation Council ( NAAC ) proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell ( IQAC ) . Since the Quality enhancement is a continuous process the IQAC will become a part of Institution’s system . During the post Accreditation period , the IQAC will channelise the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
The basic purposes of the IQAC are to ensure continuous improvement in the entire operation of the institution and to assure stakeholders connected with higher education namely students, parents, teachers, staff and funding agencies and society in general of the accountability of the institution.
Some of the Functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and quality of application benchmarks/parameters in various activity of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on quality aspects.
- Organization of discussions, workshops, seminars and promotion of quality circles.
- Recording and Monitoring quality measures of the institution.
- Acting as an nodal agency of the institution for quality related activities.
- Preparation of annual Quality Assurance report and such reports may be decided from time to time
The IQAC submits an annual report to the NAAC by the end of every academic year about its program, innovation in curricular design , new collaborative research programs, honors and awards to the faculty, internal resources generated, community services, performation in sports activities , development programs to non-teaching staff and student acheivements and awards.
Through IQAC Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian college hopes to develop a competitive environment for a healthy progress.
Our College organized National IQAC Conference on “Higher Education of Women in India , Opportunities and Challenges ” on 26th February 2016.(For details click Here)